Chubb Insurance Group
When it comes to selecting an insurer that understands their special risks, top law firms concur: 75% of the 750 largest U.S. law firms (by revenue) are insured with Chubb. They offer a tailored suite of insurance products -- ranging from management liability to property to multinational insurance coverages--designed to meet a law firm’s unique needs.
Chubb's new ChubbPro Lawyers Professional LiabilitySM insurance policy is designed to help protect law firms of 10 or more attorneys. Each firm is assessed on its own merits and a program of liability insurance is designed to meet the particular needs of each firm.
Because each law firm has a unique culture, the Chubb underwriters conduct an underwriting meeting with each prospective insured, either in person or by conference call, allowing them to assess the firm's management and internal controls, tailor coverage to the firm's needs and provide the firm with practical feedback on important risk management issues. Ongoing loss control services and unparalleled claims service by their attorney-claims specialists complete the package.
Chubb serves the needs of many of the largest and most prestigious law firms worldwide, with coverage features that include:
- Claims made policy, not claims made and reported.
- Definition of professional services expanded to include escrow agent, arbitrator or mediator, government affairs advisor or lobbyist and title agent.
- Expanded definition of claim.
- Broad definition of wrongful act.
- Limits of up to $25 million available.
- Advancement of defense costs.
- Right to select own counsel in the event of a claim.
- Worldwide coverage.
- Innocent partner protection.
- Bilateral (two-way) extended reporting period option.
- Non-cancelable by the insurer once the premium is paid.
Our underwriters are also able to customize a policy with additional enhancements to suit the individual needs of insured firms.
The information provided on this website page is an example of the coverages that may be available from this insurer to a qualified law firm. Please refer to the actual policy for exact coverage descriptions and limits; exclusions and deductibles that may apply. Coverages are subject to policy terms and conditions.